Curriculum VitaeView CV
Supporting Strategic Writers, School of Education
Andrew Potter is a Ph.D. in Education student specializing in Literacy in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. His research interests include writing development and instruction, particularly for at-risk students. He is also interested in integrated reading-writing instruction, assessment, using technology to improve writing and reading outcomes, and teacher professional development.
Prior to pursing his doctorate at the University of Delaware, he worked as a special education teacher and instructional coach in Atlanta, Georgia.
- M.S., Educational Psychology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- B.A., History, Boston University, Boston, MA
- Graduate Research Assistant, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2017–present
- Special Education Teacher, Wesley International Academy, Atlanta, GA, 2015–2017
- Manager, Teacher Leadership Development, Teach For America, Atlanta, GA, 2012–2015
- Special Education Teacher, Jean Childs Young Middle School, Atlanta, GA, 2010–2012
Honors and Awards
- Graduate Student Scholarship awarded for paper proposal, American Reading Forum, 2019
- McKeown, D., FitzPatrick, E., Ennis, R., & Potter, A. (2020). Writing is revising: Improving student writing through individualized asynchronous audio feedback.Education and Treatment of Children, 1-14. DOI: 10.1007/s43494-020-00004-4
- Potter, A.,McKeown, D., & Lederberg, A. (2017). Summarizing opinion texts: A study of an abbreviated self-regulated strategy development intervention. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- McKeown, D., Potter, A., FitzPatrick, E. (2017). Writing is revising: Improving student persuasive writing through individualized asynchronous audio feedback. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Potter, A., & Wilson, J. (2019, December). Statewide Implementation of Automated Writing Evaluation. Paper presented at the 2019 American Reading Forum Conference, Sanibel Island, FL.
- Potter, A. (2016). Effects of Self-Regulated Strategy Development on Student Summary Writing of Opinion Articles. Oral presentation at the Dr. Gregory P. Domin Graduate Conference at Columbus State University, Columbus, GA.