How to Apply
Applications for all graduate programs at the University of Delaware are done online through the Office of Graduate and Professional Education. Applicants can begin the online application, save it and return later to continue working. However, applicants must press the “Submit” button in the application system by the deadline date before it can be reviewed by the faculty admissions committee.
Completed applications contain:
- Online application form. Please do not send any transcripts to the School of Education.
- Test scores. Test scores, such as GRE and Praxis scores, are required in some programs. Please see the table below, and the individual program pages for specific requirements. Students whose native language is not English must submit official score reports of the TOEFL or IELTS test. The minimum acceptable score for the paper-based TOEFL is 600; the minimum acceptable score for the Internet-based TOEFL is 100. The minimum acceptable score for the IELTS is 7.0.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Recommendations must be submitted electronically. You may find more information about submitting recommendations online.
- A personal statement or essay. The purpose of this statement is to introduce yourself to the admission committee and discuss your academic and career interests and goals as they stand now, and how you think the graduate program aligns with your interests. Some programs have specific essay questions to be answered and those questions are outlined online.
- Supplemental documents. Some programs require supplemental documents. Please see the individual program pages for specific requirements.
- Writing samples. Some programs also require writing samples. Please see the individual program pages for specific requirements.
- Resume. All graduate programs require the submission of a resume.
Please do not send any documents to the School of Education. All materials should be uploaded into the electronic application.
Test Scores and Deadlines
Test scores, such as GRE and Praxis scores, are required in some programs. In addition, each program has its own deadlines and admission term. Please see the table below, and the individual program pages for specific requirements. Please note that applications are due at midnight (Eastern time) on the dates listed below.
|Program||Application Deadline and Admission Term||Program Coordinator||Admissions Test||Full- or Part-Time||Need to be a Teacher?||Preparation for Certification?||Other Application Requirements|
|Ph.D. in Education||Dec. 15 (Fall)||Danielle Ford||GRE||Full-time||No||No||Specific application question.|
|Ph.D. in Economic Education||Dec. 15 (Fall)||Elizabeth Farley-Ripple (SOE)
Carlos Asarta (Econ)
|Ed.D. in Educational Leadership||Feb. 28 (Fall)||Danielle Ford||None||Part-time||Some||Some*||Specific application question.|
|M.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)||
Apr. 1 (priority admission for Fall)
June 1 (final deadline for Fall)
|Scott Stevens||GRE||Full-time preferred||No||Yes||Specific application question.|
|M.A. in TESL 4+1 Program||Nov. 1 of junior year (Fall)||Scott Stevens||None||Full-time||No||Yes||Specific application question. Only English majors at UD are eligible.|
|M.A. in School Psychology||Jan. 15 (Fall)
For fall 2019 only, the application period will re-open from April 17 to May 17, 2019 as part NASP’s 2nd Round Candidate Match efforts.
|Marika Ginsburg-Block||GRE||Full-time||No||Yes||Interview, specific application question.|
|M.Ed. in Educational Technology||
Nov. 1 (Spring)
Apr. 1 (Fall)
|M.Ed. in Exceptional Children and Youth||
Nov. 1 (Spring)
April 1 (Fall)
|Laura Eisenman||None||Part-time||Yes||No||Specific application question.|
|M.Ed. in Exceptional Children and Youth (online)||
July 1 (Fall)
November 1 (Spring)
April 1 (Summer)
|Kristen Ritchey||None||Part-time||Yes||Yes||Specific application question.|
|M.Ed. in Exceptional Children and Youth – Masters Plus Certification Program (MPCP)||
Feb. 15 (Priority consideration for Summer)
April 1 (Final deadline for Summer)
|Laura Eisenman||Praxis Core||Full-time||No||Yes||Specific application question.|
|M.Ed. in Exceptional Children and Youth-4+1 Program||Dec. 15 of junior year (Fall)||Bridget Duda||Praxis Core||Full-time||No||Yes||Only ECE, ETE, or secondary ed majors at UD are eligible. Specific application question.|
|M.Ed. in Literacy||
|None||Part-time||Yes||Yes||Specific application question.|
|M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership||
Jan. 23 (Spring A)
Mar. 25 (Spring B)
May 22 (Summer A)
|None||Part-time||Yes||No||Specific application question.|
* *Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent and/or Certified Central Office Personnel is available to some Ed.D. students who meet specific criteria. Please check with the Ed.D. program coordinator, Danielle Ford.