Students who complete the Associate in Arts (AA) degree in Elementary Teacher Education need to satisfy the following two requirements in order to complete their degree on the Newark campus.
- Earn a minimum of a 2.60 GPA or above in all course work for the AA-ETE degree. All courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better.
- Earn a minimum of a 2.75 or above in all required education (EDUC) courses. All courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better.
- Earn a minimum of a 2.60 GPA in concentration content courses (Special Education, English as a Second Language, Middle School English and Language Arts, Middle School Mathematics, Middle School Science, or Middle School Social Studies). All courses must be complete with a grade of C- or better.
- Successfully complete passing scores on the Praxis Core Academic Skills of Educators test or other college ready exams such as ACT or SAT-R.
AA students who plan to complete their bachelor’s degree in Elementary Teacher Education (BSED) on the Newark campus will choose one of six concentrations for their program:
- English as a Second Language
- Middle School English
- Middle School Mathematics
- Middle School Science
- Middle School Social Studies
- Special Education
They will take Concentration, General Studies, and Professional Studies courses to complete the BSED degree. These courses are listed in the Elementary Teacher Education program course requirements. AA students will complete their Professional Studies courses and Concentration courses in their final two years on the Newark campus. They will have completed the General Studies courses for the BSED degree on the Georgetown campus. All Elementary Teacher Education seniors, including students who were on the Georgetown campus for their first two years, have the opportunity to student teach in southern Delaware.