The University of Delaware offers “Courses of Study” to certified teachers. These programs are designed for teachers interested in intensive professional development leading to additional certification. For those who already have a Masters degree, these programs may lead to a “plus 15” salary increment in Delaware. Below are links to several programs that include courses from the School of Education.
Courses of Study
- Autism/Severe Disabilities
- Autism/Severe Disabilities (Online)
- K-12 Special Education
- K-12 Special Education (Online)
- English as a Second Language
- School Library Media
To enroll in one of the above courses of study or for additional information, please contact the program coordinator. Once the program coordinator and/or instructor of the course approves the enrollment, you may register for courses through the Office of Professional and Continuing Studies as a Continuing Education Student. Please click here to complete the necessary forms and registration process. Formal admission to the university is not required.
- Gary Allison, Autism/Severe Disabilities
- Laura Eisenman, K-12 Special Education
- Kristen Ritchey, Special Education Online (Autism/Severe Disabilities or K-12 Special Education)
- Scott Stevens, English as a Second Language coordinator.
- Sue Gooden, School Library Media coordinator.
Upon completion of the course of study leading to certification, the candidate should complete the online application for certification through the Delaware Educator Data System (DEEDS) and send an official transcript, showing completion of the courses, directly to the Delaware Department of Education.
Upon completion of the course of study leading to a salary increment, the candidate should complete the online application for a salary increment through the Delaware Educator Data System (DEEDS) and send an official transcript, showing completion of the courses, to their school district for approval. Upon approval by the school district, the information will be forwarded to the Delaware Department of Education.