Dr. Charles Hohensee
Instructor of Record
Srujana Vinaykumar Acharya
Srujana Vinaykumar Acharya is a third-year Ph.D student in School of Education with Mathematics Education specialization. She taught middle school and high school mathematics in India before coming to UD. She was also a mathematics teacher trainer and predominantly worked with middle school and high school mathematics teachers to adapt themselves to virtual classrooms across India. She continues to work with Indian students virtually to be up to date with education in India.
Srujana’s research interests are motivated by her personal and professional experiences and center around student learning, task designing and mathematics education in India. Her current research work entails designing tasks to support Indian middle school students’ understanding of fractions. Srujana holds a B.Sc. in Mathematics and a M.Sc. in Mathematics from Savitribai Phule Pune University in India.
- M.Sc., Mathematics, Sir Parashurambhau College, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, India, 2020
- B.Sc., Mathematics, Fergusson College, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, India, 2018
- Research Assistant, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2021-2023
- Mathematics Teacher, Jnana Prabodhini Prashala, 2021
- Instructor, GeoGebra Workshop, Jnana Prabodhini Prashala, 2021
- Instructor, GeoGebra National Workshop, IISER Bhopal, 2021
- Mathematics Trainer, Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana, 2020
- Co-instructor, GeoGebra National Workshop, Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana, 2020
- Teacher, Pradnya Educational Academy, 2019
- Hohensee C., Gartland S., Ma Y., & Acharya S. (2023, July). Comparing Teaching Goals for Student Focusing and Noticing with Student Outcomes for Focusing and Noticing. In Michal Ayalon, Boris Koichu, Roza Leikin, Laurie Rubel & Michal Tabach (Eds.), Proceeding of the 46th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (Vol. 3, pp. 75-82). University of Haifa, Israel: PME
Hohensee C., Gartland S., Ma Y., & Acharya S. (2023, July). Comparing Teaching Goals for Student Focusing and Noticing with Student Outcomes for Focusing and Noticing. Research Report presented at the 46th Annual Conference of the Internal Group of Psychology of Mathematics Education, Haifa, Israel.
Paoletti, T., Gantt A. L., Acharya, S. V., & Margolis, C. (2023, June). CAREER: Covariational and Algebraic Reasoning: A New Path to Algebra. Poster presented at the Discovery Research PreK-12 PI Meeting, Arlington, VA.
Paoletti, T., Lee, H. Y., Hardison, H. L., Gantt A. L., Zolt, H., Bui, M., Gaspard, B. R. & Acharya, S. V. (2023, June). Middle School Students Graphing From the Ground Up. Poster presented at the Discovery Research PreK-12 PI Meeting, Arlington, VA.
Hohensee C., Ma Y., & Acharya S. (2023, February). Teaching that Promotes Student Noticing of Mathematically Important Features of Quadratic Functions. Research Report presented at the 27th Annual Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators Conference, New Orleans, LA.