Online Master’s Programs
Are you an educator looking for a flexible, convenient master’s degree to advance your career?
Designed by full-time faculty, the interactive curriculum allows you to enhance your skills by taking course assignments, implementing them in your classroom and comparing results with your cohort.
UD’s Online M.Ed. Programs offer:
- 100% online programming with courses that run for 5, 7 & 14 weeks (depending on the program)
- Curriculum designed to meet the needs of aspiring educational professionals and currently employed, certified teachers that prepare graduates to become leaders in their fields.
- Courses designed by full-time faculty renowned for both teaching and research
Convenient, affordable, flexible
- Complete in 2 years through part-time study
- Multiple application and start dates throughout the year
- Most courses are asynchronous—meaning no scheduled class times when students must be online
- Out of state students pay the Delaware Resident graduate tuition rate
Online M.Ed. in Exceptional Children and Youth
- Designed to develop professional educators committed to careers that involve children, youth, and adults with disabilities
- Appropriate for teachers with a teaching certificate in either general or special education who wish to develop advanced knowledge and skills.
Online M.Ed. in Literacy
- Designed to prepare current teachers and educators for certification as a Reading/Literacy specialist
- You will develop knowledge of the theoretical and evidenced foundations of reading and writing development
- Learn to plan culturally and linguistically relevant literacy instruction and support students in the use of digital literacy tools
Online M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership
- Designed for teachers who would like to assume additional leadership roles within their schools, such as department chair, curriculum coordinator and more
- You will develop the insights needed to better manage your classroom and improve student outcomes
M.Ed. in Educational Technology
- Designed to provide a theoretical and a practical grounding in educational technology methods and techniques, emphasizing theories of teaching and learning that support these methods
Are you concerned that taking online courses won’t provide you enough personal attention?
In 2019, USNWR ranked our online graduate programs 46th in the nation for our superior student services, technology and engagement. Course assignments incorporate multiple digital platforms, allowing students to engage with faculty and classmates as they develop successful strategies for their classrooms.
The main advantage of the online program is that I can complete it on my own time and schedule. Even though we don’t meet face-to-face, I still have forged strong relationships with my professors and fellow students through video discussions, email, discussion boards and more. The professors are readily available when you need them. This program has improved my practice significantly. I started working with kindergarten students, using numerous strategies from my courses to help these young students develop early literacy skills.