School of Education
Sociocultural and Community-based Approaches
Michelle Bailey is a Ph.D. in Education student specializing in Sociocultural and Community-based Approaches in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. Her primary research interests are college access and success for rural students.
Michelle obtained her B.A. from Franklin & Marshall College in 2017 with a double major in Sociology and Creative Writing. Prior to attending UD, Michelle was a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant in Taiwan, and she later served as a College and Career Adviser through the Pennsylvania College Advising Corps.
- B.A., Sociology and Creative Writing, Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA, 2017
- Graduate Research Assistant, School of Education, 2020–present
- College and Career Adviser, Pennsylvania College Advising Corps, 2018–2020
- English Teaching Assistant, Fulbright Foundation for Scholarly Exchange, Yilan, Taiwan, 2017–2018
Honors and Awards
- Curricula and Training Fellowship, College Advising Corps, 2019–2020
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, Alpha Kappa Delta