Curriculum VitaeView CV
Teomara (Teya) Rutherford and Roberta Golinkoff
School of Education
Raymond Patt is a Ph.D. in Education student specializing in the Learning Sciences in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. His research interests include how children learn language and coding skills in digital environments and how social teaching agent design can impact educational outcomes.
He recently graduated from The Ohio State University, where he studied Cognitive/Computational Neuroscience and Linguistics. His undergraduate honors thesis, titled The girl ate the cookie, but did she really? An Analysis of Children’s End State Neglect, centered on children’s developing linguistic and event cognition. He presented a portion of this work at Boston University’s 44th annual Conference on Child Language Development.
- B.S., Neuroscience and Linguistics with honors, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2020
- Lab Manager, Rutherford Lab, University of Delaware, 2020–present
- Research Assistant, Language Science Research Lab, The Ohio State University, 2019
- Research Assistant, Child Language Ability Lab, The Ohio State University, 2018–2020
- Gymnastics Instructor, Buckeye Gymnastics, Colmbus, OH, 2018–2020
- Research Assistant, Developmental Language and Cognition Lab, The Ohio State University, 2017–2020
Honors and Awards
- Honors Research Distinction in Linguistics, The Ohio State University, 2020
- Buckeye Gymnastics C.A.R.E.S Leader, Buckeye Gymnastics, 2019
- Undergraduate Research Scholarship, The Ohio State University, 2019
- Second Year Transformational Experience Grant, The Ohio State University, 2019
- Patt, R., Wagner, L., Arunachalam, S. (2020). Development of a Sense of an Ending. BUCLD 44: Proceedings of the 44th Annual Boston University Conference on Language Development. Somerville, MA: Cascadilla Press.
- Patt, R., Wagner, L., Arunachalam, S. (2019, November). Development of a Sense of Ending. Poster session presented at Boston University’s conference on Child Language Development, Boston, MA.
- Patt, R. (2019, November). Children’s Mental Representations of Linguistic Aspect. Poster session presented at Second Year Transformational Experience Expo, Columbus, OH.