Center for Research in Education and Social Policy
Educational Statistics and Research Methods
Pragya Shrestha is a Ph.D. in Educational Statistics and Research Methods student in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. Her research interests include educational measurement, improving education for children of underserved communities and differently-abled children.
Pragya is from Nepal and holds an M.S. degree from Bangalore University, India. Prior to beginning her doctoral studies, she worked as a researcher and biometrician in the pharmaceutical industry and a non-profit organization in India and Nepal. She has experience of working with pediatric vaccine clinical trials, HIV/AIDS, family planning, and human trafficking.
- M.S., Bangalore University, India.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Center for Research in Education and Social Policy, University of Delaware, 2014-present
- Researcher and Biometrician, pharmaceutical industry and non-governmental organization in India and Nepal
Honors and Awards
- Student Scholarship Award for Notable Oral Presentation, Eastern Evaluation Research Society Annual Conference, Absecon, New Jersey, 2015
- Shrestha, P, Xie, Y & May. H. (2015, April). “A Regression Discontinuity Design study of the impacts of reading recovery.” Presented at the 2015 Eastern Evaluation Research Society Annual Conference, Absecon, New Jersey.