- How long does it take to complete this program?
- When can I begin the program?
- Does this program require any on-site residencies?
- What is the tuition for the online M.Ed. in teacher leadership?
- What are the admission requirements for this program?
- What should I write about in my Personal Statement?
- What are the technical requirements for this program?
- Are there any professional requirements for admission to this program?
- Does this program prepare me for any additional certifications?
- What additional accreditation has this school received?
Teacher Leadership FAQs:
How long does it take to complete this program?
UD’s online M.Ed. in teacher leadership requires 30 credit hours (10 courses) and can be completed in two years. Learn more about the curriculum for the M.Ed. in teacher leadership.
When can I begin the program?
Five terms are offered per calendar year. Students typically start the program in Fall A, Spring A or Summer, but can begin in any of the terms offered throughout the year. Contact an admissions counselor at 844-237-1338 to learn more.
Does this program require any on-site residencies?
The online teacher leadership graduate program does not require students to participate in any on-campus activities or residencies. Students are welcome to attend any on-campus events of interest, including career fairs, recruiting opportunities and graduation ceremonies. Explore our online M.Ed. in teacher leadership.
What is the tuition for the online M.Ed. in teacher leadership?
With 30 required credits at $625 per credit hour, the online master of education in teacher leadership has a total tuition of $18,750.
What are the admission requirements for this program?
The University of Delaware requires all students enrolling in the online master of education in teacher leadership to meet the following standard requirements:
- Baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Full-time employment as a certified teacher
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- A minimum TOEFL score of 100; minimum IELTS of 7.0
What should I write about in my Personal Statement?
The Personal Statement must cover the following three topics:
- Outline your short-term and long-term career goals and discuss how an M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership relates to them.
- The M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership teaches candidates to lead from the classroom. Describe a problem in your professional setting that typifies an issue you would like to pursue as a teacher leader and why you think it is important to address.
- The M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership is delivered 100% online. It requires students to be self-initiated learners and excellent time-managers. Describe how you plan to manage your time so you are able to fulfill your course requirements.
What are the technical requirements for this program?
The course content is all web-based using the Canvas learning management system. You must have a strong Internet connection and a modern browser on a computer that is both camera and microphone enabled. We highly recommend updating to the newest version of the browser you are using as well as the most up-to-date Flash plug-in. Canvas is best viewed at a minimum of 1024×600, which is the average size of a notebook computer. Compatible operating systems include Windows XP SP3 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer and Linux chromeOS.
Are there any professional requirements for admission to this program?
All accepted students to the online teacher leadership graduate program must have full-time employment as a certified teacher.
Does this program prepare me for any additional certifications?
No; however, it does prepare you to take on a more influential role within your school system.
What additional accreditation has this school received?
UD’s College of Education and Human Development is accredited with the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education and is aligned with the National Teacher Leadership Standards and Middle States Commission on Higher Education.