Curriculum VitaeView CV
- Nancy Jordan
- Research Assistant
Development of mathematical cognition in children and factors that affect young children’s learning of early mathematical concepts and skills
Brianna Devlin completed her B.S. in Psychology at Grand Valley State University in Michigan. After working as a preschool teacher, she joined the Cognition Learning and Development Lab at the University of Notre Dame in the department of Psychology as a research assistant and lab manager. Devlin is interested in researching the development of mathematical cognition in children and factors that affect young children’s learning of early mathematical concepts and skills.
- B.S. in Psychology, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Delaware. “Refining and Extending a Number Sense Screener for Identifying Children at Risk for Mathematical Difficulties in School”. (2016–Present)
- Lab Manager/ Research Assistant, University of Notre Dame. Cognition, Learning and Development Lab, Department of Psychology. (2013- 2016)
Honors and Awards
- Senior Thesis Project selected as Outstanding Senior Project, Grand Valley State’s Honors College (2012)
Petersen, L.A., McNeil, N.M., Tollaksen, A. K., Boehm, A.G., Hall, C. J., Carrazza, C., Devlin, B. L. (2014). Counting practice with pictures, but not objects, improves children’s understanding of cardinality. In P. Bello, M. Guarini, M. McShane, & B. Scassellati (Eds.) Proceedings of the 36th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (pp. 2633-2638). Austin, TX: Cognitive Science Society.
- Devlin, B. L., Hornburg, C. B., McNeil, N. M., Carrazza, C. (2016, May). “Gender differences in response to supplemental early math interventions.” Poster presented at the 28th Annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science; Chicago, IL.
- Devlin, B. L., McNeil, N. M., Carrazza, C., Byrd, C. E., & McKeever, M. O. (2015, March). “Early understanding of math equivalence predicts future math achievement.” Poster presented at the Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD); Philadelphia, PA.
- Hornburg, C. B., McNeil, N. M., Devlin, B. L., & McKeever, M. O. (2015, October). “Proficiency with Number Sets in Kindergarten predicts understanding of math equivalence in second grade.” Paper presented at the Cognitive Development Society (CDS) IX Biennial Meeting; Columbus, OH.