Curriculum VitaeView CV
- Adrian Pasquarella
Literacy Development and Learning Problems
TESL, creation and adaption of research based teaching methods for ELL students, literacy development for adolescent English language learners
Annastasia Blaisdell Purinton
Annastasia Purinton is from Southern Chester County, Pennsylvania. She holds a B.A. in English Literature and an M.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language. Both of her degrees were earned at the University of Delaware. Purinton’s academic interests include literacy development for adolescent English language learners, and the creation and adaption of research based teaching methods for ELL students to improve vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- B.A. in English Literature, University of Delaware
- M.A. in Teaching English as a Second Language, University of Delaware
- Migrant Education Program 2016. Provided Professional Development for thirty teachers in preparation for a summer education program. Presentation focused on differentiation of materials, and lesson design using WIDA Can Do Descriptors.
- University of Delaware Capstone Experience Professional Development 2016. Materials created for the EdTPA will be used for professional development of students preparing to complete the EdTPA as a certification requirement.
- Penn TESOL East Conference Presentation 2015. “The Use of Mensa Select Games to Promote Communicative Competence.”
- Purinton, A (2015). “The Use of Mensa Select Games to Promote Communicative Competence.” Presented at the PennTESOL East Fall Conference 2015, Arcadia University, Glenside, PA, November.