Curriculum VitaeView CV
- Charles MacArthur
- School of Education
Literacy Development and Learning Problems
teacher development, the connections between reading and writing development and instruction
Prior to pursing a PhD at Delaware, I worked as a special education teacher in Atlanta Public Schools. I also worked as an instructional coach for Teach For America. During this time in Atlanta I attained my M.S. in Educational Psychology at Georgia State University. I’m interested in researching writing instruction, particularly for at-risk students and students with disabilities in low-income communities. I’m also interested in teacher development and the connections between reading and writing development and instruction.
- M.S. in Educational Psychology, Georgia State University
- B.A. in History, Boston University
- Special Education Teacher, Wesley International Academy, Atlanta, GA (2015-2017)
- Manager, Teacher Leadership Development, Teach For America, Atlanta, GA (2012-2015)
- Special Education Teacher, Jean Childs Young Middle School, Atlanta, GA (2010-2012)
- Potter, A., McKeown, D., & Lederberg, A. (2017). Summarizing opinion texts: A study of an abbreviated self-regulated strategy development intervention. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- McKeown, D., Potter, A., FitzPatrick, E. (2017). Writing is revising: Improving student persuasive writing through individualized asynchronous audio feedback. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Potter, A. (2016). Effects of Self-Regulated Strategy Development on Student Summary Writing of Opinion Articles. Oral presentation at the Dr. Gregory P. Domin Graduate Conference at Columbus State University, Columbus, GA.