- Marika Ginsburg-Block
- The Office of Disability Support Services
English Language Learners' success in schools
Amanda Czik is currently a graduate assistant at the Office of Disability Support Services. Her current research interests include school factors influencing English language learners success in schools. Prior to beginning her doctoral studies at University of Delaware, Czik spent a year in Ashdod, Israel teaching English at an elementary school. She graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor where she holds dual Bachelor’s degrees in Psychology and Spanish.
- M.A. in School Psychology, University of Delaware.
- B.A. in Psychology, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI.
- B.A. in Spanish, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Graduate Assistant, the Office of Disability Support Services (DSS), University of Delaware (2016–present)
- Neuropsychology Extern, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), Philadelphia Pennsylvania (2017-2018)
- Practicum Student, Delaware Public Schools, Newark, DE (2016–present)
- Graduate Assistant, Delaware Education Research and Development Center (DEDRC), University of Delaware (2014–2016)
- Research Assistant, School of Education, University of Delaware (2015)
- Research Assistant, Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Michigan, (2011–2013)
- English Teacher at Geulim Elementary School, Israel (2013–2014)
- Czik, A, & Lewis, K (2016), Family Involvement in the Assessment and Instruction of Dual Language Learners, in John A. Sutterby (ed.) Family Involvement in Early Education and Child Care (Advances in Early Education And Day Care, Volume 20) Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.143 – 158.
- Wilson, J., Martin, T., & Czik, A. (2016). Automated Essay Evaluation Software in ELA. Classrooms: Effects on Teacher Feedback, Student Motivation, and Student Writing. Quality. Vol. 100, p. 94–109.
- Czik, A. & Buttram, J. (2015). Evaluation of Fall 2015 Systems of Biology of Cells in Engineered Environments-Student Survey Responses. Delaware Research & Development Center.
- Czik, A. (2015). MADE CLEAR/ Towson Climate Literacy Workshop: Summary of Participant Responses. Delaware. Education Research & Development Center.
- Czik, A. (2017). “Role of Language Status in Predicting Parent-School Climate Ratings. National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) Annual Meeting. San Antonio, Texas.
- Pollack, L., Mouza, C., Czik, A., Little, A., Coffey, D., & Buttram, J (2017). “From Professional Development to the Classroom: Findings from Computer Science K-12 Teachers.” Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE) Annual Meeting. Seattle, Washington.
- Wilson, J., & Czik, A. (2016). Automated Essay Evaluation Software in ELA Classrooms: Effects on Amount, Type, and Level of Feedback.” American Education Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting. Washington, D.C.