Curriculum VitaeView CV
Child's Play, Learning, and Development Lab
Spatial Instruction in Preschools project
Alexus Ramirez is a Ph.D. in Education student specializing in the Learning Sciences in the School of Education at the University of Delaware. Her current research interests include the role of input on language acquisition, the impact of daycares on cognition, and the benefits of play in an educational setting. In the Child’s Play Lab, Alexus works on projects focusing on infant-directed speech and language development as a research assistant under Dr. Roberta Golinkoff. She also assists on the Spatial Instruction in Preschools (SIIP) project.
She holds a B.A. in Psychology from the University of California, Merced. During her undergraduate studies, Alexus was involved with research on infant-directed speech, emotion and cognition, and the relationship between sleep and motor development.
- B.S, Psychology, University of California, Merced, Merced, CA, 2018
- Graduate Research Assistant, Child’s Play, Learning, and Development Lab, School of Education, University of Delaware, 2017–present
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Interpersonal Development Lab, Department of Psychology, University of California, Merced, 2016–2018
Honors and Awards
- Graduate Scholars Award, University of Delaware, 2018–present
- Student of Distinction, University of Delaware, 2019
- Kathy Stowell Honorary Scholarship, University of California, Merced, 2017–2018
- Kruszelnicki Memoir Scholarship, University of California, Merced, 2016–2017