Congratulations to our 2016 graduates!
- Urban Promise
- City Year Americorps in California
- Success Academy in New York City
- Schools in DE, MD, PA, MA, VA, Spain and Kuwait
- Columbia University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Temple University
We offer them a hearty congratulations and look forward to seeing them at Alumni Weekend. Blue Hens forever!
Shelby Dorr, a graduate of our M.Ed. in Exceptional Children and Youth 4+1 program, spoke at CEHD’s May 27 convocation ceremony. She traveled to Nicaragua on UD’s first international alternative spring break (UDAB) and obtained a job at UD’s April 20 Project Search. Lucy Font, an ArtsBridge Scholar, and Elementary Teacher Education (ETE) graduate, developed a math curriculum using dance to better engage students. Kevin Bessone was the first in his family to graduate college. More impressively, he received his degree in human services at the age of 73! Christy Mannering, a fall 2015 graduate, was named a Delaware Mover and Shaker for her work raising awareness about domestic abuse and sexual assault and helping her young son establish 3B Brae’s Brown Bags, providing more than 7,000 healthy snacks to the homeless. Caitlin Miller, an ETE graduate, provided an overview of her experiences as an ETE student. Janell Booker and Zach Martin gained life skills and working experience through the Center for Disabilities Studies Career & Life Studies Certificate (CLSC) program.
UD’s 167th Commencement
- Visit the CEHD Facebook page and CEHD’s Twitter feed for more photos, videos and comments.
- Visit the SOE’s Twitter feed
- Browse UD’s Facebook
- Watch YouTube videos
- View UD in Photos
- Search using the hashtag #UDGrad2016 and #BlueHensForever to view university-wide photos, videos, and comments on social media.
- Read about UD’s 2016 Commencement on UDaily
- Read about UD’s Commencement honors
- Read Commencement thoughts from graduates and faculty.
- Read about UD’s doctoral hooding
Article by Alison Burris Photos courtesy of Alison Burris and Elizabeth Pemberton